OcuForce™ provides a broad spectrum of nutrients speciﬁcally selected to support the function of the eyes:**
• Mixed carotenoids along with preformed vitamin A naturally sourced from palm tree fruit
• Signiﬁcant levels of riboﬂavin and methylcobalamin, which are crucial for healthy homocysteine metabolism
• Clinically relevant doses of lutein and zeaxanthin esters from natural plant sources
• Bilberry extract, standardized to 36% anthocyanins
• Taurine, included for its role in supporting retinal health**
Contains: Vitamin C, vitamin E, thiamin (vitamin B1), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B6, vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, n-acetyl-l-cysteine, quercetin, high gamma mixed tocopherols, ginkgo extract, alpha lipoic acid, turmeric, green tea extract.
Comprehensive ocular nutrition to ensure optimal eye health
OcuForce™ provides abroad spectrum of nutrients specifically selected for their proven benefits to eye health, including:
- Mixed carotenoids along with preformed vitamin A naturally sourced from palm tree fruit. Patients in poor health may have difficulty converting beta carotene into vitamin A. For this reason, we felt it important to include preformed vitamin A.
- Generous amounts of riboflavin and methylcobalamin, since they are crucial for healthy homocysteine metabolism. Research tells us that high homocysteine levels aggravate many eye conditions.
- Therapeutic doses of lutein and zeaxanthin esters, shown to be better absorbed than their non-esterified counterparts
- Bilberry (standardized to 36% anthocyanins), which has been shown in research to work 2-4 times better than placebo at improving ocular fatigue, dimming eyesight, and vision with sparks
- Taurine, as a deficiency in this amino acid has been shown to lead to retinal degeneration. Taurine supplementation has been used with some success to prevent, treat and stabilize retinal changes.