Primal Multi™ is a first-of-its-kind multivitamin, mineral and phytonutrient blend specifically formulated to mimic the nutrient intakes found in an optimal evolutionary human diet. The levels of nutrients provided by Primal Multi™ were devised based on the concept of evolutionary adaptation of human physiology and correspond to a whole food, nutrient-dense diet. The ingredients in Primal Multi™ have been sourced to be naturally occurring or bioidentical. In addition to key vitamins and minerals, this formula includes select phytonutrients proven to have beneficial effects for health* (such as lutein, lycopene, resveratrol, wild blueberry, broccoli seed/sprout, citrus bioflavonoids and more), which were likely consumed in greater quantities in the evolutionary past than they are in the modern diet.
Primal Multi™ provides bioavailable or “active” forms of essential nutrients but is distinguished by its broad array of additional phytonutrients that are lacking in meaningful quantities in the modern diet.
• Vitamin C: two forms, as ascorbic acid and naturally sourced from acerola
• Vitamin B1: two forms, as thiamine and benfotiamine
• Vitamins B2 & B6: provided in the naturally occurring phosphorylated forms: riboflavin-5’-phosphate and pyridoxal-5-phosphate, respectively
• Vitamin B3: two forms, as niacin and niacinamide
• Vitamin B5: two forms, as pantothenic acid and pantethine
• Vitamin B12: provided in the naturally occurring methylcobalamin form
• Vitamin A: 80% as a natural carotenoid mix from palm oil with the remainder as preformed vitamin A, retinyl palmitate. (Vitamin A sources in the Paleolithic diet were primarily derived from plant-sourced carotenoids with preformed vitamin A coming mainly from liver and eggs)
• Vitamin E Isomers: provided as tocotrienols from a high delta-tocotrienol annatto extract. (Tocotrienols have higher antioxidant activity and unique benefits not observed with tocopherols.)
• Vitamin K: two naturally occurring forms—K1, established as essential, and a range of K2 forms (MK-4, MK-6, MK-7, MK-8, MK-9)
• Folate: provided as Quatrefolic®, a glucosamine salt 5-MTHF form of folate proven to dissociate easily before absorption and raise plasma folate levels
• Mineral Chelates: Calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, molybdenum, chromium and boron are provided as highly bioavailable chelates.
• Lutein: A unique carotenoid that accumulates preferentially in the macula and brain
• Lycopene: A carotenoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects
• Muscadine Grape Extract (skin & seeds): among the highest antioxidant fruits
• Wild Blueberry Complex: Provided as AuroraBlue®, an organic, gently dried whole fruit blueberry concentrate. Delivers up to 10 times the bioactive compounds compared to cultivated blueberries and more than double the antioxidant activity (ORAC) of pomegranate, grapes and raspberries.
• Broccoli Blend: Composed of broccoli seed extract & sprout concentrate to maximize sulforaphane bioavailability
• Acerola: A source of natural vitamin C
• Citrus Bioflavonoids: Standardized to 50% hesperidin
Contains: Vitamin D, biotin, selenium.